KARATE FOR KIDS
Little Dragons – (ages 3-4)
Little Ninjas – (ages 5-8)
Juniors/Teens – (ages 9-14)
- Self Esteem
- Strength and Flexibility
Our lesson plan emphasizes achievement based on merit, teaching our students to set goals, overcome obstacles and celebrate their victories. We maintain an open, energetic, and fun environment without compromising the lessons that will carry forward into their social and academic lives.
Our Mind-Body-Character (MBC) System
- Think like a martial artist
- Perform like a martial artist
- Act like a martial artist
It is only when all three of these goals are achieved that a student will truly “be” a martial artist and Black Belt.
MBC System lesson plans include:
For more information on our Kenpo System and our unique MBC System, please call one of our school locations and ask our no obligation, free introductory private lesson.
- Stranger Awareness: for all our younger students including Dragons, Ninjas, and Juniors.
- Campus Awareness: this is a program Sensei Nugent teaches in the Burlington High School as part of their Health curriculum. The intended audience is high school girls (Juniors and Seniors) preparing to graduate and attend college.
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education): A local D.A.R.E. officer will provide valuable training to our students.
- CPR Training: this training will be offered to our students through the local Fire Department. Students must be at least 9 years old in order to be certified.
- Women’s Self Defense: for the mother’s of our students to aid them in avoiding a physical confrontation or surviving a violent attack.
In our Asia Culture Module, we will take the time to explain some basic information about the origins of the martial arts themselves, how they came to the United States, the various styles of martial arts, and the history of our own Kenpo family tree. In addition, we’ll be sure that each student can recognize Asian geography including China, Japan, Okinawa, and Korea.